The latest version of hardpointe (I’m called it v0.2) is available to play here.
It’s a bit more polished than the first version, with a number of ease-of-play fixes and more varied enemies.
- Screen/font can now be enlarged/shrunk
- Auto-pickup of items
- ‘Brogue-style’ exits that you just walk into (this item and last item are meant to reduce over-reliance on the action key)
- Removed redundant power install menu
- No monsters in the starting room (whew)
- Added fleeing enemies (Skirmisher)
- Added shielded enemies (they will recharge if they escape): Skirmisher, Centurion
- Added an EMP grenade that conveniently takes out shields
- Fixed a bug with level changes caused by dropping through chasms (sometimes)
- Added a final boss (sort of): The Archon. The only enemy in the game with more than 3 ‘health’ (shields + hit points)
- Made the asteroid 6 levels
- Monster count & difficulty level scale better with increasing levels
- Player starts with the Hack power (fairly OP but I have not done much balancing)
|Shielded enemies and the EMP Grenande in action|
If you’ve played it, leave me a comment here, or on /r/roguelikedev. Enjoy.