I’ve put the latest version (0.55) of Warning Call here.
The bulk of my time has been spent building a tutorial level. It’s not done yet, but it’s accessible from the start menu. More to come here – I’ve never written a tutorial before so it’s an interesting challenge. All of the feedback I’ve gotten from the kind devs on r/roguelikedev has been helpful in seeing the game in a different light.
Major changes from the last version include:
- Removed Targetbots (t) from the first level
- Fixed bug where Empowering and Ammo-generating nanites would not allow power usages if you had zero charges.
- Enforcing same hotkey press for powers & confirming target. This makes it easy to double-tap a hotkey when targeting quickly. This also allows you to return the Axe using the same key that you threw it with. (pro-tip: you can have more than 1 Axe power installed at once!)
- Made sure Warp Beacons cannot be trapped behind impassable terrain
- Gridbots (x) no longer get stuck in the wall when they explode out of a Xenobot (X)
- Put the Power menu as the first line of the footer
- Added the SEED # to the header (mostly for help in bug reporting, but eventually for game-sharing)
- Spread out the guaranteed powers on the first level – the starting room was way too cluttered
- Fixed mysterious game-crashing bug with ’empty’ nanites spawning on the ground in deeper levels